Sunday, December 5, 2010

Crow and Owl

I've been looking at all the books I've written, and I realized that I missed something. Or TWO somethings! O.o Crow and Owl are two short stories that I wrote and they are kind of the beginning of a series of short stories that I might write, where the BAD GUY always wins. In Crow, Megan and her sister Miranda are camping to kind of take a break from the outside world and get to know each other again. Miranda decides that they need more firewood, so she leaves Megan at camp telling her to go for help if she wasn't back soon. Miranda is gone long enough for Megan to worry, so she goes out to look for help. Megan tries her best to get to the town that wasn't so far away. She starts trying to find the road, but she's lost and she notices that while she's running through the forest trying to find help that someone is watching her. I'm leaving that one and that, and here is the link on teenink:

http://www.teenink.com/fiction/thriller_mystery/article/266871/A-Crow/

Owl is the second short story in "The Bad Guy Always Wins" saga, and it focuses on Miranda. Miranda gets lost while looking for firewood, and when she realizes that the sun has gone down and Megan is probably freaking out, she tried to find her way back. She wasn't as lost as she thought she was, and she found the camp quickly. When she gets back to the camp, it's in ruins and Megan can't be found. Miranda manages to find Megan's footprints and she follows them, hoping to run into Megan. She soon realizes that SHE is being followed too, but at least SHE gets to see her attacker. Megan never saw it coming till the end. Neither Megan or Miranda make it out of the forest, and the forest once again wins! Here is the link on teenink for this short story:

http://www.teenink.com/fiction/thriller_mystery/article/266872/Owl-Crow-2/

So far there are only two short stories, because these aren't on the top of my list. In fact, they are at the bottom. I have so much more on my plate of stories that I'm working on, so this might not really be looked at again for a while. But I'm proud of these babies:)
<3 Kalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment